August 20, 2010

Sly McCurry Memorial Bench

Sly McCurry Memorial Bench, Lake Superior

On August 16, a memorial service was held to honor the life of Slyvester McCurry. During the ceremony, the family dedicated a memorial bench in Sly's name. Friends on Facebook later commented:

"I am going to go sit there one of these and pray to him and talk to him and tell him how great of a person he is and how much love there is for him."
"Sly is such a wonderful memory in my heart. He always did the funniest things, and I always knew that being with him would be the best time. I can not say I have ever met anyone so happy to be wake up every morning as Sly. He made my day everyday, and he will forever be missed. ♥"

If you are able to make a donation to help cover the cost of the bench (any amount would be greatly appreciated), please go to the family's PayPal site or e-mail sylvestersmemorialfund@yahoo.com.

No comments: