- In almost all of the Great Lakes cases, alcohol use was reported by those who had last seen the young man.
- If the young man died, alcohol use was confirmed at autopsy. In the cases of Ohmi, Ross and Nordby, I have not found any reports confirming they either had or had not been drinking. (Autopsy information is not always made public.) In the Nordby case, it seems especially unlikely because he was last seen at his work as a bicycle messenger.
- In the Great Lakes case, 23 had last been seen at a bar, 15 had attended a party, and 1 was unknown (Morgan White).
- Of the 23 who had gone to a bar, no clear pattern is noticeable. The list of bars includes: Bar One, Brother's (3 reports in various cities), City Limits Tavern, Club Millenium, Decoy's, Dick's Last Resort, Happenings, Sneakers, Irish Eyes, John's Bar, Lizzie McNeil's, Lone Tree Bar & Grill, McRudy's Pub, Press Bar, Nasty Habit Saloon, The River Queen, The Vibe, Ugly Tuna Saloona, North Shore Tavern.
- In the cases of Blue, Melancon, Herr, Fortney and Burrows, the name of the bar where they were last seen was not reported.
April 26, 2008
Examining alcohol usage in the Great Lakes Cases
at 4:48 PM